Transportation management is no longer a tactical approach to simply moving freight and doing it at the lowest possible cost. There are several factors that exist today that are forcing shippers to use even more resources, which distract from their core competencies, in order to have a strategic and much more nuanced, complex transportation management practice. Those savvy shippers who either find those resources internally or are doing what a lot of shippers are now doing, outsourcing to a transportation management service provider, are using a more strategic and effective transportation management approach as a competitive advantage tool, in the ever-challenging economic and commercial landscape.
As we head towards what many experts are citing as a 2017 carrier capacity crisis and growing demands from consumers to keep them happy call for shorter delivery cycles, the traditional strategy of procurement cost saving and shipment consolidation opportunities have to be supplemented through innovative solutions, to deliver the best bang for the buck.
This is especially relevant for third-party logistics and transportation management service providers, whose service fee is based on reducing cost and streamlining the shipper’s supply chain. For those looking to get more effective transportation management.
Join us in this comprehensive e-book as we look at the following 10 ways effective transportation & logistics management drives a competitive advantage for shippers:
- 6 Strategic and Proactive Tips to Stay Ahead of Distressed Shipments
- Strategic Logistics: 8 Steps to Controlling Inventory Flow & Driving Warehouse Efficiency
- 5 Areas of Technology Application to Aid in Logistics Visibility and Communication for en Route Disruptions
- 6 Benefits of Applying Useable Data in Logistics For Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Logistics Management: The Importance of Flexibility
- Why A Successful Transportation Management Program Is Empowered By Data
- How Effective Logistics and Transportation Management Leads to Scalability in Business Operations
- 5 Benefits from Logistics Sustainability & Efficiency
- 5 Engagement Strategies in Managing a Relationship With a Transportation Management 3PL
- 5 Change Management Tips to Create a Strategic Transportation Management Mindset